Hanseatic Rostock and Molli Steam Train Tour
||A warm meet and greet with your expert guide in front of the cruise terminal
||Train to the Rostock main station
||Panoramic tour of Hanseatic Rostock by bus and on foot with the views of the mighty gothic Kroepeliner Gate and brick town wall, the nearly 600-year-old Rostock University, the courtyard of the Holy Cross Convent of 1270, the historic Town Hall (seat of the town council for almost 800 years), the pretty Market Square and the buzzling boulevard Kroepeliner Strasse
||Inside visit to St. Marien Church with its fantastic baroque organ, exquisite original Astronomical clock of 1472, and one of the largest single stained-glass windows in Europe (85 feet tall)
||Free time to browse and shop for souvenirs
||Typical German lunch in a local restaurant or beergarden
||Scenic drive to the spa resort Bad Doberan, a popular summer residence for the Dukes of Mecklenburg
||Inside visit to the Gothic Abbey of Doberan (Doberan Minster), a 13th-century monastery and the largest of all the Cistercian churches in Europe. Stroll along the verdant grounds outside the monastery to view this very impressive example of northern German brick architecture.
||Nostalgic ride onboard the narrow-gauge Vintage Steam Train "Molli" through the quaint German countryside and tree-lined avenues to a lively resort of Kuehlungsborn
||Panoramic driving tour through Kuehlungsborn along the old villas in the typical "spa style"
||Free time for coffee and cake (or ice-cream) in a local cafe with a view to the sea or the long promenade
||Drive back to Rostock via the scenic landscape
||Back at the pier
|Price USD pp
|Price* USD pp
Attn! Your final tour price including discounts and additional costs is shown on your invoice.
- Molli Steam Train tickets
- Admission fee to Doberan Abbey
- Experienced and conscientious driver with a comfortable A/C vehicle as per itinerary
- Meals and refreshments (typical German snacks and drinks)
- Professional and personable local guide for 9 hours
- All port fees
- All local taxes
Price does not include
- Gratuity. Recommended gratuity is 10% for the guide and 5% for the driver, given separately.
- The itinerary above is a sample only. The actual start and end times of the tour are adjusted to coordinate with your arrival and departure time. You will never miss your ship touring with us. Sequence and timing of sightseeing may vary based on congestions at venues, capacity allowances mandated by museums,
and museums' closing days or other logistical issues, however the content will always remain as confirmed.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible and not recommended for tourists with walking issues. If you feel you will not be able to cover long distances or require use of a walker or wheelchair, please contact us for our recommendations. As always, we will be happy to accommodate private tour wishes for you to enjoy greater flexibility to move at your own pace.
- Inside visit to St. Marien Church is not available on Sundays due to Holy Services.
- Minimum age for group tours: 7 years. If you are travelling with kids under the age of 7, we recommend that you book a private tour to allow your youngsters the flexibility to comfortably move at a slower pace.
- Discounts: Children under 7 years old are free of charge. Discount for older children and teenagers up to 18 years old is 10% per person.
- Expense money: We recommend you to bring some small change of Euro coins as some shops do not accept other currencies nor credit cards for small purchases. You may also have to pay for public bathroom facilities (usually between 50 cents and 1 Euro per person).
- Available from both Rostock and Warnemuende ports, this tour will be the greatest alternative to a long travel to Berlin.
- We recommend that knees and shoulders are covered in the Doberan Church.
- 9 hours
- Activity level: Moderate