Old Klaipeda Walking Tour
||A warm meet and greet with your expert guide at the pier
||Walking tour of the Old Town of Klaipeda with the views of the Old Castle territory, the Dane river embankment, the City Hall, Theatre Square, Drama Theatre, the Simon Dach fountain with the famous Sculpture of Annchen von Tharau (the subject of a famous German wedding and love song), Crafts yard, Birzos Bridge
||Stroll through the Botanical Park to a 19th-century Neo-Renaissance-styled mansion that now houses the Amber Museum
||Inside visit to the Amber Museum
||Walk back to the port with your guide
||Optional: you may opt to remain a bit longer in the Old Town of Klaipeda to continue exploring, shop or sample some traditional Lithuanian food, and then make your own way back to the ship
||Back at the pier
|Price USD pp
|Price* USD pp
Attn! Your final tour price including discounts and additional costs is shown on your invoice.
- Professional and personable local guide for 3 hours
- All port fees
- Admission fee to the Amber Museum
- All local taxes
Price does not include
- Gratuity. Recommended gratuity for the guide is 10%
- Cost of meals
- The itinerary above is a sample only. The actual start and end times of the tour are adjusted to coordinate with your arrival and departure time. You will never miss your ship touring with us. Sequence and timing of sightseeing may vary based on congestions at venues, capacity allowances mandated by museums,
and museums' closing days or other logistical issues, however the content will always remain as confirmed.
- Activity level: Strenuous. This tour involves extensive walking, at times over uneven surfaces, and may not be suitable for guests with walking difficulties. Wear comfortable walking shoes and be equipped for the possibility of rain.
- Minimum age for group tours: 7 years. If you are travelling with kids under the age of 7, we recommend that you book a private tour to allow your youngsters the flexibility to comfortably move at a slower pace.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible and not recommended for tourists with walking issues. If you feel you will not be able to cover long distances or require use of a walker or wheelchair, please contact us for our recommendations. As always, we will be happy to accommodate private tour wishes for you to enjoy greater flexibility to move at your own pace.
- Discounts: Children under 7 years old are free of charge. Discount for older children and teenagers up to 18 years old is 10% per person.
- Some of the public restroom facilities in town are pay toilets and require local currency.
- 3 hours
- Activity level: Strenuous